“One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires” — Grandpa.
Lost Boys night is finally here, and the weather promises to be glorious down at Valentino Pier.
The Lost Boys starts screening at 8:30 p.m. (or as close to that as possible, depending on sundown). But before hand, we’ll be showing a few old Popeye cartoons courtesy of Sunny’s Bar.
Come hungry. Our sponsors, Fort Defiance and Dry Dock, are offering a Lost Boys-themed dinner; plus there’s popcorn from Home/Made and key lime tarts from Steve’s Key Lime Pies.
Just remember these few rules:
1. There is no bathroom on site. The nearest one is at Fairway. Plan accordingly.
2. No drinking. Really. The cops ticket.
3. No bikes on the lawn; lock them up on the fence.
3. Dogs are welcome, if quiet/on leash. (We don’t want to ask you to leave, but if your dog barks, we will.)
4. Lawn chairs only at back of lawn – don’t block people sitting on blankets.
Other than that, have fun with vampires that don’t sparkle.
I still believe…
That’s right, the Coreys and Keifer Sutherland will be on the big screen to kick off the Red Hook Flicks season.
Join us Tuesday, July 10, at Valentino Pier for the 1987 classic, LOST BOYS. Film rolls at 8:30 p.m., but come early to see the Popeye shorts and get dinner from our sponsors.
Fort Defiance and Dry Dock Wine + Spirits will be serving up a Lost Boys-themed dinner … in Chinese takeout cartons!
A few rules:
- Quiet dogs are welcome.
- Lawn chairs are allowed but must be kept to the back of the seating area. Please be courteous.
- No drinking. The cops do ticket.
Always remember: Sleep all day. Party all night. Never grow old. Never die. It’s fun to be a vampire.