Red Hook Films are shown at Valentino Pier, on the Brooklyn waterfront. The screen is set up in front of a Civil War-era warehouse, with sweeping views of the harbor and the Statue of Liberty as a backdrop.
DIRECTIONS FROM MANHATTAN:
Option 1: The A or F trains
1. Take the A/C or F train to Jay Street/Borough Hall station.
2. Exit and walk down Jay Street to the B61 bus stop in front of the Brooklyn Tabernacle (Jay Street between Livingston and Fulton streets).
3.Take the B61 into Red Hook to Coffey Street.
4. Walk two blocks toward the water and you’ll run into Valentino Pier.
Note: Expect the bus trip to take approximately 25 minutes.
Option 2: The 2/3 or 4/5 trains
1. Take either of these lines to the Borough Hall station.
2. Exit and walk down Court Street approximately four blocks south toward Atlantic Avenue. (If you pass Barnes & Noble and the movie theater, you are walking in the correct direction.)
3. Catch the B61 bus in front of the Duane Reade on the corner.
4. Follow steps 3 and 4 above.
Option 3: Take the Ikea water taxi
1. Board ferry at Pier 11 in Manhattan
2. Take the ferry to the Fairway stop and make a left onto the promenade when exiting the the gangway. You will exit the promenade straight onto Conover St.
3. Walk three blocks along Conover to the corner of Van Dyke Street.
4. Turn right on Van Brunt and walk one block to Van Dyke Street.
5. Turn left and walk two more blocks to Valentino Pier.
Note: Be sure to confirm ferry times on the water taxi site, they are subject to change, but typically the last ferry to Brooklyn runs at 7:15 p.m. It does not return to Manhattan after the movie.
DIRECTIONS BY CAR/TAXI:
1. Take the BQE to the Atlantic Avenue exit.
2. As you come off the ramp, the road will split. Continue straight, do not curve toward the right.
3. At the stop sign, turn left and follow Columbia Street to its end. (You’ll see the entrance to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel).
4. Turn right and follow the road hard right, do not curve to the left as most traffic will.
5. Go two blocks to the stop light. You’ll see a warehouse on the corner with a giant Red Hook sign.
6. Turn left onto Van Brunt Street.
7. Take this to Van Dyke Street and turn right. Go two blocks.
8. Park at Valentino Pier.