I love, love, love How to Train Your Dragon. I resisted seeing it — because it’s animated — and left wondering why I’d ever hesitated. The story is great, the dragons are adorable and it’s fun for everyone.
Don’t miss your chance to see it down at Valentino Pier on July 24. It will be memorable. It’s not just for kids. Trust me; you’ll be crying.
Plus, the main dragon looks just like Mr. Red Hook Flicks’ (that’s The Colonel to Red Hookers) cat, Dakota. It’s uncanny really.
Sponsors Brooklyn Ice House and Pickett Furniture are bringing the food. The menu isn’t set yet, but they always do kid-friendly fare (an adult guilty pleasure). Think mac and cheese, pulled pork and more.
We start the show with a Popeye cartoon brought to us by Sunny’s Bar.
Film rolls around 8:30 p.m. (or when the light allows).
- Quiet, leashed dogs are welcome
- Move lawn chairs to the back and sides of the screening area
- Bikes should be locked to the fence, not brought on the lawn
- Drink at your own risk. The cops ticket
- The nearest bathroom is at Fairway
- Have fun!