1. When does the Red Hook Flicks series start?
The 2014 series begins Tuesday, July 8.
2. How long does it last?
For 8 weeks — until Tuesday, August 26.
2. Where do the movies screen?
Valentino Pier in Red Hook, Brooklyn.
3. What time do they start?
The movies start at around 8:30 p.m. — or when it gets dark.
4. How much does it cost?
The movies are free to the public thanks to generous donations from our sponsors.
5. Are dogs welcome?
Well-behaved pets (read: quiet) are welcome to attend on-leash.
6. Will there be food and alcohol?
Our sponsors sell food on site each night.
Alcohol is not allowed in New York City parks.
7. Can I bring my own snacks and beverages?
8. How do I get there?
Follow the instructions on our Location page.
9. Who organizes the series and selects the films?
Red Hook Flicks is organized by local residents of Red Hook, Brooklyn, and is supported by area businesses and nonprofit organizations.
10. Who do I contact if I have questions?
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will respond to you shortly.
11. I’m interested in being a sponsor, who should I be in touch with and when?
The film committee begins meeting early in the New Year to start organizing that summer’s series. We ask all potential new sponsors to reach out to us via email (email@example.com) to register your interest by no later than February 1st of that year.
12. I reached out in the past, why do I have to register my interest again?
The film committee is a volunteer group of local residents pulling this together in our free time and our membership rolls shift every year. To ensure your interest is properly noted and considered, we ask potential new sponsors to reach out to us again at the start of the planning season.
13. How do you choose your sponsors?
We’re fortunate enough to often have more parties interested in sponsorships than we can realistically utilize. Priority goes to returning organizations who’ve been there with us from the beginning. For all other potential new sponsors, the committee weighs the slate of options at the beginning of the planning season to determine our needs and what offers can be put to the most effective use.
14. Are there other ways to be involved?
The committee is always looking for help. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org about volunteering.